Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Drs and Ebay and Mama bear

I had my big Drs appt yesterday with the endocrinologist.  I was super anxious about it.  Freaking out prior.  Talked with Gregg a lot about it.  I don't want to do insulin.  I did many injections during my egg donations and during the IVF for GS.  The needles you stick in your stomache are fine.  But, thinking more about it, I realized that when not pregnant, you grab a bit of fat and stick the needle in.  While pregnant, your skin is stretched.  It gives me the heebie jeebies. 
So, I get to my appt, sweating like a pig.  LOL  Talk with the Dr.  She was very happy with my progress.  My fasting glucose #s have been in the 90's, and now down to the 80's since I changed everything.  They want my fasting #s below 90.    I even lost 5 lbs on the scale.  She said I was doing really good with just diet and that we will continue that route.  If my #s start to go up then we will talk about doing insulin.  Hopefully we don't get there.   I see her every 2 weeks, I see my nutrionist every 2 weeks.  And, pretty soon, my OB much more.  So, thats at least 1 Drs appt every week.  :(

I have to check my blood 4 times a day.  OUCH!!  Once when I wake up and then after each major meal.  So, I now have a presciption for lancets and strips for my meter.  Picked up my stuff yesterday at the pharmacy. 
100 strips = $20  Not bad.  Checked it against ebay, mine are cheaper.
100 lancets=$25 Not covered by insurance.  Checked with ebay.  I can get 600 lancets for $25.  Guess where I will be ordering my next ones? 

I also changed my prenatals.  I HATE taking pills.  I really wanted to change to a liquid prenatal.  Took a trip to the health food store yesterday.  Got some RAW veggie based prenatals.  They are in capsule form.  So, that is great.  No nasty vitamin taste.
30 prenatals=$20  Taking 3 a day, that is VERY expensive!!  Checked with ebay.  Just bought 180 pills for  $32.

Thats why I love ebay!!  LOL

Alex has her big soccer tourny this weekend.  Her team is in 2nd place in the league.  They could take it all if they work together.  She had a scrimmage yesterday against a age older team.  Which is good for them.  Well, she started playing goalie about 1/2 way through.  She has never played goalie.  She plays center forward.  Which she is great at!  She is the reason they have won 2 of their games.  Well, she was having a really hard time with goalie.  Since it was for practice, the coach didn't want to pull her.   One of the girls on the team (coachs daughter), who is supposedly Alexs friend starting saying things to Alex.  Mean things about her sucking.  Well, Alex started crying.  She was so upset.  She cried all the way home.  I was pissed!!!    I know I am biased because she is my kid.  But, she is such a sweet kid.  I have raised her to treat others how she wants to be treated.  If she was a smart ass brat, I would tell her that if she can dish it out, well, then she can take it.  But, she isn't.  They call her smiley on the team because she is always smiling.  I have never heard her say anything bad to someone else.  When she gets tangled with someone on another team, and they fall, she feels bad about it.   Think I was growling?  Oh Hell yes!  So, their last practice is tomorrow.  It better be different, or there is going to be a problem.  :)

Hope everyone is having a great Halloween!!  This is probably our last one.  Maybe next year will be?  Don't know. 
XOXOXO

No comments: